Sunday 26 January 2020

Donna

Our American cousin Donna has very kindly contacted me, and told me such interesting things about our common ancestors. She has rekindled interest in this branch of the family. It is so nice to have someone to share the journey. So thank you, thank you so much Donna. Donna has some photos and letters that are of such interest.
Our common ancestors are Henry Willis and Bridget Turner. Their story begins in the parish of Slaidburn an area I know nothing about. The Remington line descends from Ann Willis their daughter, Donna's line from their son Nicholas Willis.
I will post as we go along, from the point of view of someone who knows nothing, because I know when I look back on this in a couple of months time I shall have forgotten my train of thought. Suggestions and corrections welcomed.


No comments: